Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rock Band Blues

I'm sure by now you've all heard about the game Rock Band, the one where you can play videogame instruments along with the songs in the game including guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. I used to have it, then my house was broken into and they stole it, along with other things. It's easily replaced, and normally I would just got pick up another copy, but a few weeks ago they announced that Rock Band 2 would be released in September, and that they would have much better instrument peripherals along with it, as well as being able to transfer your songs to it from the old one. This puts me in a bit of a dilemma. I could buy the game again now and when the new one comes out just buy the disk and not bother with the instruments, or I could wait for the new one and buy the bundle that comes with the newer, upgraded versions of the instruments, which not only look better, but work better too.

At this point, since the release is less than 2 months away I have pretty much decided to wait it out and buy the new one while buying the disk for the first one to transfer the songs over. But wait, there's more. Another company (ION) is also releasing a much higher quality drumset around the same time the new one comes out and it looks awesome. Not only that, it will be compatible with a real electronic drum brain so you can switch out the Xbox360 portion and use it as a real drumset, which is even more awesome.

I guess it's not so much a dilemma anymore because I have already decided. I will buy the new game disk, the old disk, the ION drumset, and hope the other new instrument peripherals are available at release. It won't be a total disappointment if I have to wait for the other instruments though as I pretty much play the game for the drums, but part of the fun of the game is being able to play with other people so I want that option available to me.

I guess I never realized how much I missed the game until I started listening to the radio again and was hearing all those songs I had played along with getting played. Now I have to change the station when that happens because it starts making me depressed that I can't go home and start jamming away to the song anymore, and won't be able to for a couple months still. I can't wait for Rock Band 2 to get here.

No comments: