Thursday, May 8, 2008

Opening Day

After keeping a WoW blog for a few months I decided to broaden my horizons. If that isn't geeky enough for you I don't know what is, maybe a blog on various geeky things? The idea is that while I do like geeky activities, there have been mixed reviews on whether I can actually be considered a geek. This blog will pretty much be a place for me to talk about random geeky stuff ranging from videogames to anime to computers and everything in between.

First some background. I am a graduate of UC Berkeley with a degree in civil engineering, a major that requires a lot of math and science before you even get to start some of the basic engineering stuff. I still have my original NES system, as well as every Nintendo console released since (except Virtual Boy). I also have XBox360 and many PC games. My desktop computer is about 6 years old, but I built it up from scratch and it only cost me $600 at the time, and after upgrading a few parts since then it still runs many of the newer games just fine, although at lower resolutions. I also have a 9 month old laptop that I ordered from a smaller PC builder company, not one of the big ones like Dell or Compaq, I wanted mine fully customized and without all the extra crap those other companies throw in to jack up the price. I like being able to surf around online and watch TV at the same time. I download anime fansubs to my laptop, hook it up to my 55" hi-def TV and watch them in surround sound almost every night. You'll find out all my other geeky activities as you read this blog, but that's the basics.

Look forward to some geeky rants, reviews, and discussions in the near future, and don't tell my girlfriend about this blog, I don't think she'd understand. Crap, is it not geeky to have a girlfriend?

No comments: